LOCAL PICKUP ONLY. NO SHIPPING ON THIS PRODUCT UNLESS ARRANGED BEFORE PURCHASE.
Protect yourself while stand up paddling or surfing with the NRS Big Kahuna Inflatable PFD. Stores around the waist and out of the way until you need it.
- This PFD is certified by the U.S. Coast Guard as a Type V PFD. However, it meets Coast Guard requirements for Type III PFDs when it is worn. In other words, you have to have the pouch secured around your waist for it to qualify as a required flotation device. It is only approved for use by persons 16 years of age or older.
- Provides 29 lbs. of flotation in the event of an emergency.
- Inflates instantly with the simple pull of a cord.
- Adjustable ripstop nylon waist pack stays out of your way for SUP or surfing.
- Two adjustable webbing tethers keep the inflated PFD from floating away.
- A manual mouth valve backs up the CO2-powered inflator.
- A zippered pocket on the waist bag holds sunscreen, snacks and other small essentials.
- The bag's clear window lets you check the inflator mechanism for readiness.
- We've even attached a Nexus nautical safety whistle to help you signal for help.
- This PFD carries the US Coast Guard Certification, through testing by Underwriters Laboratories (UL).
- If you are flying with your Big Kahuna Inflatable PFD, the Transportation Safety Administration (TSA) says on their website, "You may bring a life vest with up to two CO2 cartridges inside, plus two spare cartridges in your carry-on or checked bag." Be aware that individual TSA agents may not have read that particular regulation.
- Includes 33 gram CO2 cartridge. NRS CO2 Re-Arming Kit sold separately, item #40031.01.