5 Amazing Health Benefits of Stand Up Paddle Boarding (SUP)
Stand Up Paddle Boarding (SUP) is not only great fun, but can also enhance your health and well-being in numerous ways. Here are just a few of them:
- Increases core strength – Stand Up Paddle Boarding engages your core muscles and builds abdominal strength and lean muscle tone, while at the same time strengthening arms, legs, back, and shoulders.
- Builds stamina – Stand Up Paddle Boarding is an activity that is so enjoyable that you can end up working out for hours before you realize you have been exerting yourself at all. Best of all, it is a low impact workout that provides a great alternative to injury prone runners.
- Enhances joint stability – Balancing on a SUP board activates the small muscles in the foot and lower leg in a way that mimics physical therapy exercises used to treat plantar fasciitis and other ailments. The dynamics of standing on a board with an element of instability from the water utilizes muscles critical for balance and joint support in a way that no other recreational activity does.
- Reduces stress – The powerful combination of being out on the water, enjoying nature, socializing with other paddlers, and enjoying the indescribable sensation of standing on water is an amazing stress reducer. Stand Up Paddlers almost unanimously report a feeling of well-being after going for a paddle, similar to “runners high”, but without the need for intense exertion.
- Vitamin D – Paddle Boarding gets you outside in the sun, allowing your body to produce the vitamin D that so many people are deficient in from too much time indoors. Vitamin D is crucial for calcium production and strong bones, as well as peak mental functioning.
( www.pumpedupsup.com) is on online store specializing in high performance inflatable stand up paddle boards and accessories and providing free telephone consultations on any SUP related topic on 1-877-777-1769.